The Flex Clapper 3.0 has the following new feaures:
- Music Video support: select the song from your music library. Cover art is displayed on the slate. Set inpoint and outpoint and play it by using the clapper sticks (on ‘Action’). After each change in inpoint or outpoint, the scene is automatically incremented. Airplay is supported.
- Clapper sticks: cycles through ‘Clap’, ‘Action’, ‘Cut’. Supports auto-logging – writes log entries on action and cut events. Additional options for credit roll and clap sound. Animation of top stick to give a better visual cue.
- Credit roll: shows all major information in a credit roll. Much asked for functionality, now in this new version!
- Cam data: set the aperture and shutter speed
- Lens: indicate which lens you’re using for the take
- Shooting conditions: a combination of SYNC/MOS, INT/EXT and DAY/NITE
- Time code display is enhanced and has a DF (drop frame) indicator. The time code now dims automatically after 10 seconds. Additional syncing beeps are generated for additional syncing possibilities. Reliability of time code sync using bluetooth is improved. However, frame accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
- Shot log events show time code of logging – better support for the situation that a scene is not finished on a single day or needs retakes.
- artwork now retina display compliant (the new iPad)
- Time code: now correctly stores the timecode as part of a layout. It is advised to set or review the timecode at the beginning of shoot.
- Picture is now using the entire cell.
- Small fixes in layout issues.
- Various small improvements reducing footprint and improving performance.
Note: all FC users will get all new versions for free: it’s an update distributed through the App Store.
Feel free to give input on functionalities that your require!